Moms of Tweens and Teens
Healing Our Emotional Wounds To Become A Better Parent / Interview with Elise Knox
August 02, 2022
Elise Knox is a former middle school teacher turned life and wellness coach. Mama to 2 and step-mom to 1, her passion is helping moms and preteen/teen girls get through challenging times with more connection and ease.
Elise is a Certified Trauma-Informed Life Coach. She knows that if we do not heal our own wounds, we bring them into our parenting as a means of protection.
You’re gonna love our conversation today!
What you will learn:
- How do our parental wounds as children affect the way we parent our kids?
- The purpose of asking ourselves "why is this so triggering for me?"
- What happens with our relationship with our teens when we are constantly looking for the negative.
- Challenges of being in a step-family and relating to step-kids.
- How noticing where we want to control things with our children can help us have better reactions to our teens.
- Getting comfortable saying sorry to our teens.
- Admitting to our kids when we don't know the answer to something.
- What questions to ask your teens instead of giving advice.
- Fallback questions or statements to respond to your that gives you time to compose yourself.
- Changing our role from fixer to listener.
- The burden moms put on themselves around guilt and how it sucks our joy.