If you have an ADHD kid you understand the frustration, arguing and misunderstanding this can cause for parents and their kids.
My special guest today is Dr. Norrine Russell, she is an Executive Functioning & ADHD Expert who founded Russell Coaching for Students in 2009. She is also the mother of two atypical children. Dr. Russell knows firsthand that being a parent of a struggling student is tough.
In this episode, Dr. Russell shares
Support the show
- Parenting struggles and self-care for moms. 0:01
- Sheryl Gould discusses parenting tweens and teens in today's world, shares personal experiences, and offers encouragement to listeners.
- Sheryl Gould and Noreen Russell discuss the importance of giving oneself grace and accepting limitations, particularly in parenting.
- Noreen shares insights from her bonus call, including the common themes of exhaustion, weariness, and the need for self-care and self-compassion.
- Parenting neurodiverse children and self-care. 5:26
- Dr. Norrine Russell emphasizes the importance of recognizing it's okay not to have all the answers, especially for parents of neurodiverse children.
- She encourages listeners to prioritize self-care and step away from the pressure to be perfect and fix everything.
- Sheryl Gould and Dr. Norrine Russell discuss the pressure to create perfect holidays and lives, and the importance of being authentic and acknowledging where we are.
- They emphasize the need to let go of the idea that there's a "right" way to do things and to embrace imperfection and authenticity.
- Parenting pressures and self-trust. 11:53
- Dr. Norrine Russell and Sheryl Gould discuss the pressure parents face from endless parenting tips and the need to trust themselves and their own experiences.
- They suggest posting questions instead of tips to encourage self-reflection and authenticity in parenting.
- Dr. Norrine Russell and Sheryl Gould discuss the importance of questioning societal expectations and defining what matters to individuals and their
Check out our Moms of Tweens and Teens website HERE
Sign up for our Moms of Tweens and Teens newsletter HERE
Find more encouragement, wisdom, and resources:
Join our Community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Momsoftweensandteens
Find awesome resources on MOTTs University: https://www.mottsuniversity.com/
Sheryl also has an Inner Circle weekly Parenting Program with a community of like-minded moms, personal coaching, and tons of resources to equip and support you to love well, navigate the challenges and meet your tween and teen’s unique needs during these pivotal years.
Get on the waitlist to get all the details and to be the first to know when it opens! https://momsoftweensandteens.lpages.co/waiting-list-for-membe...